Thursday, July 14, 2005

Horsing around

I have nothing against Infosys and nothing against people who have made it their life's mission to be a part of the entire Infosys enigma.

For that it is! Infy now is an enigma, a shrine to all that as holy and curiously mysterious.
Like jumping off bamboo towers naked with vines tied to your ankles; it makes you an immediate somebody. Matrimonial companies love you, so do the cashiers at the local CafĂ© coffee day, assorted grand-aunties treat you with a reverence formerly reserved only for “Chetta’s in the gelf!” (I am of course assuming your grand-aunty is “mallu” )

I myself am at times a little bemused and dare I say impressed at allegory related to me by a protagonist in the “Infy” saga. I even saw the imposing black pyramid shaped glass abomination and faked awe.

I mean, it is a bit like having a 2.7 metric tonne floating pink pony in your backyard. Hell, if anybody knows what it is and what it is doing there, but they sure as hell all want a ride.
Plus you get all those people with regular backyards, who get all frustrated and as a result cynical, with the very mention of this new novelty. Though, the presence or absence of an airborne beast of burden is; in no way taking away from the merit of their own rather pleasant backyards.
It is a lovely social experiment though, it will be fun I am sure to be up on that pony and watch riders of all natures and dispositions bestride the beast filled with pride, indignation or deerskin breeches.
I personally don’t see myself fighting off competition to clamber up its monolithic buttocks, I guess I just dont like horsing around (sorry about the bad pun, kindly refrain from beating the dead horse) But thats just me.

Peace, love and Giddy-up!

3 comments:

Prashanth M said...

Nice one... even I enjoyed tht wht you call 'enigma' for more than two and half years...

dj said...

Thank you!
You are'th not alone!!!

Vaishnavi Tekumalla said...

And then there are several ants that dislike the enigmatic ant farm for several reasons. Hey! don't get me wrong, the farm's a great place to be, if you love being a code monkee.