Monday, July 11, 2005

In the matter of one Mr. Thomas Cruise versus big scary alien

I watched the "WAR OF THE WORLDS" yesterday. I will try not to make movie reviews a part of my blogging ritual, this isn't one either.
I have over the years watched every moderately successful "aliens --> subjugate human race" movie. And have always wondered why it is that the aliens seem to look exactly like their interplanetary attack vehicles. I mean, you have the disc headed attack craft in "Independence day" with "disc headed" aliens inside them. You have "lumpy headed" UFOs with "lumpy headed" dudes inside. I would hate to think that I.... look like a...... Hindustan motors Ambassador!

The movie actually was fun, primarily because of the impending possibility that little Miss. Dakota Fanning might get "death ray'ed" plus the fact that the aliens seem to have, during the construction of their gargantuan tripod machines of death borrowed the Adam family's doorbell for the horn.
One also, wonders about the supposed intellectual superiority of these “disc heads” I mean if I was a super intelligent alien dude about to invade an alien planet, I would atleast put some pants on first. I mean come on, we humans with our puny minds have figured out that you need a little more than undies even to do some thing as benign as play golf on the moon.

Anyway, several hours of frolicking about in dark, dank basements in little more than their “chaddis” finally does them in...... Not a “banyan” clad Will Smith or even a smooth talking Schwarzenegger.
They all die eventually in a flurry of mucus secretion, of what could only be inferred as ......."the sniffles”.
That actually fills me with warm reassurance. If ever discheaded aliens in jockeys were to pop out of the ground in shivajinagar, I can say with some degree of certainty, they will be about as dangerous as a three legged can of vegetable soup in a less time than it takes to say, “Achoo!"

No comments: