Saturday, November 26, 2005

Tour of duty.


Having an office amble's distance from Murthy in accounts and payroll has it's advantages in the form of the optimized mean free path between the two of us on pay-day, though my office is a stop on his mid afternoon pre-coffeebreak exploratory waddle.
If you thought "pick-up" lines were corny. You should hear his, "drop-in" lines!!!

I think my recent favourite, was when he walked in, lazily looked about the ceiling and said. "Aaen appa, dhananjaya; full tube-lightaa." loosely translated to "What man Dhananjay, full tube light is it!"

He then ambled about the office, picking up and replacing objects that were pick-uppable and on occasion if something was exceptionally interesting in shape, size and mass; to complete his spontaneous field evaluation, decided to sniff aswell.
Once empirically satisfied with olfactory properties of an EM-filter on my desk. He pointed at it and said, "Aen, aappa boomb thara eidhae!" "What man, it is like a bomb!" followed by a very satisfied, guffaw! I replied that it was a inductive surge suppressor plus capacitive by-pass filter and explained that the "Boomb" like parts were mere terminals for Amphenol mil grade connectors, I added, that it probably wasn't really working, because it normally is really good at removing "annoying transients".
He looked at me with a mildly quizzical expression. "Parwagilla, sir" I said, "full tube-light"

By now bored by the utter lack of things to smell, he released a tonsil yo-yo-ing yawn and darted out of the office, calling after the floor secretary; "Mary, maedum; cauffee finishing, is it!"

I returned to my keyboard, chuckling to myself. Sarcasm falls deaf on knavish ears.

No comments: